Life Skills training is woven throughout all of our programs, including training in areas such as:
- Cleaning and Hygiene: House cleaning, personal grooming skills, laundry skills.
- Food preparation: Training in healthy meal planning, grocery shopping, safe food handling, meal preparation, and entertaining at home. Shopping lists and recipes are laminated for each participant.
- Safety Education: How to rely on internal “warning bells” to recognize unsafe situations and to prevent victimization. Includes safety in the home, earthquake preparedness and fire prevention.
- Healthy Relationships: focuses on the responsibilities and "mechanics" of developing friendships, dating, relationships, and issues regarding sexuality, and sexual abuse/STD prevention. Includes self-advocacy skills, conflict resolution skills, and problem solving.
- Money management and budgeting